HODL is a crypto-commodity token, but it is also a social experiment of a dangerous simplicity. The intention is to defy current conceptions and beliefs surrounding value creation and distribution by means of supply and demand.
For many reasons, HODL is a unique digital asset.
• The smart contract belongs to no one, is controlled by no one, and is made for everyone.
• It is measured against fiat currency, not unlike stablecoins.
• Its transactional value can never decrease.
• Its store of value defies general conceptions of how value should be asserted.
• The store of value cannot be given away or transferred; it must be purchased.
• Because it must be purchased, it creates a never-ending cycle of value generation for participants.
• Thus, as value creation is based on trading and awareness, stakeholders are naturally incentivized to promote and grow the community.
A careful balance between HODLing and trading can assure a stakeholder of a general capital increase. It is a perfect means of safeguarding and exchanging value as anyone can expect a reasonable guarantee of capital growth. A fall in the value of the underlying fiat asset is the only reason the value of HODL could ever drop and then it would drop only marginally.